Please read the instructions as they may have changed.
Interlibrary Loans is a service we provide to library members who are looking for a title or subject that we do not have in our collection.
This service works by borrowing the book you want from another library in BC.
To use this service simply ask for an interlibrary loans form at the counter, or you can make a request online by using the outlook online service and following the instructions.
Typically it takes 2 to 6 weeks to fill a request.
Important Things to Know:
- We cannot accept requests for audio and video materials.
- Requests for new materials (published less than a year ago) & items currently featured in the media cannot be filled.
- Magazine articles are available, but often photocopying charges apply.
- Only 2 requests are accepted per patron every two weeks. Requests exceeding 2 items will not be approved until a later date.
- Some academic libraries charge a lending fee (you will be contacted for approval before the request is filled).
- Before considering Interlibrary Loans be sure that the title you want is NOT in the library's collection.